Welcome to RISE
The Research Institute for Studies in Education (RISE), a unit of the School of Education, was formed in 1974 to conduct comprehensive, integrated research and evaluation studies that enhance PK-20 education locally, nationally, and globally. RISE operates as a self-supporting, nonprofit organization housed within Iowa State University, a public, research-intensive, land-grant institution. RISE promotes the integration of evaluation, research, and policy through partnerships with schools, colleges and universities, federal and state education agencies, and private agencies and foundations.
RISE staff apply research and evaluation expertise to deliver a broad spectrum of services related to research, analytic inquiry, and technical consulting.
- Grant proposal preparation and budget consultation
- Program and project evaluation planning and implementation
- Quantitative and qualitative research design and methodology
- Qualitative inquiry (e.g., focus groups, interviews, observations)
- Survey development and sample selection
- Needs assessment
- Data collection, management, and analysis
- Interpretation and presentation of results
Through collaborative efforts with clients, RISE supports institutional research activities, conducts evaluations of academic programs, and contributes data for institutional improvement, policy development, accreditation, and program review.
RISE staff members Cori Hyde and Arlene de la Mora published an article...
Robert Reason and Joshua Mitchell awarded three-year, $286,185 U.S. Department...
Graduate research assistant Jeanne Connelly presented poster...